Exterior Design Trends That Increase Home Sales
In a recent article by Hearth and Home Magazine, the exterior of your home is a leading driver in the saleability of your property second only to size.
During a recent study by Harris Interactive, 78% of buyers rank the exterior look of the home as “extremely” or “very important” when determining on the purchase of a house. With statistics like this, it is no wonder that companies such as CertainTeed have developed such a wide arrange of products to choose from to compliment each home style.
When it comes to designing the new look to your home for sale, there are several trends to keep in mind as you build such as:
- Low Maintenance Products: Consumers are searching for homes that involve little to no maintenance on the exterior siding and design of the home. Long gone are the days of people wanting to paint every year. Instead opt for a good quality, low maintenance siding product that requires only the occasional washing.
- Arts and Crafts Detailing: Don’t skimp on the little details that set your home apart from others in the market. Items like wood porches, low- pitched gabled roof, shingled siding, decorative trim and tapered columns all add a certain something to the look of a home.
- Transom Windows: These small windows add a lot of character and charm to a home and are relatively inexpensive when compared to the attraction it brings from buyers. Consider adding a Transom Window above an entrance door for a great look.
- Sustainable Materials: As the world becomes more environmentally aware, home buyers are looking for products that are environmentally friendly. Products such as CertainTeeds Cedar Impressions Siding meets the Green Building Standards and are a hot product for home buyers. They contain a minimum of 60% post-consumer and post-industrial recycled material.
- Grand Entrances: Double doors entering into a foyer is now a big trend as it offers a new look to the home. Buyers are also still attracted to the single entrance with the sidelights but this trend is fast being replaced. Consider a good quality wood looking door of either Oak or Mahogany that sets off the front entrance and gives the home a feeling of warmth.